Thursday, April 13, 2017

My Experience in CMIR

For the past two years of my undergraduate studies I have been a part of the Center of Innovation Media + Research . The CMIR is a part of the University of Florida's College of Journalism and Communications. Both the CMIR and the College of Journalism and Communications have had a lasting impact on my education and my future goals. Since the day I began my journey here at UF I have been impacted by the opportunities offered.

Early on in my undergraduate years I was required to do hourly newscast in the Innovation News Center. I started in radio before starting to learn TV. I really enjoyed radio and continued to improve my writing skills on air.

Becoming a part of the INC and getting involved with CMIR I gained so many priceless experiences. In my Sports Media and Society Class I had the opportunity to meet amazing guests speakers that provide great insight. I even got to meet former wide receiver OchoCinco



After learning the basics in the INC I decided to start working at ESPN Gainesville. I produced hourly sports updates and web content. The content that I wrote was posted to the WRUF website. Becoming a part of the ESPN Gainesville family I got to experience different sporting events that were very exciting. I attended SEC Nation in the Fall where I ran into Tim Tebow. 

Even with all of the outside work that the CMIR has provided me with I also learned a lot in the classroom. The classroom material formed a foundation for the skills I would enhance in the INC and at other on-campus sites. 

I will forever be indebted to the CMIR and CJC. The University of Florida has provided me with the steps to success. I am proud to be a CJC student and as always I am proud to be a Gator!

No comments:

Post a Comment