Wednesday, November 16, 2016

#SaluteToService



On Saturday the Florida Gators Football Team participated in the #SaluteToService. The salute to service is not only happening for the Florida Gators. Throughout all of college football and the national football league this is the way they are giving back. On Saturday I attended my last Florida Gator football game. It happened to be the Gators #SaluteToService game.

As you may know by now, I am in the Air Force ROTC program at UF and I plan to commission in May of 2017. I am sharing this video/tweet because it meant a lot to me reading about this. In my time at UF I have always worked as hard as I can to leave a mark. The men and women in this video have sons, brothers, sisters, etc. that worked hard and ultimately made the ultimate sacrifice.

I look at this video as I head into a career to defend this country. I hope that one day I can return to the Swamp and be recognized for something great. Something that I gave my all at, just like the men and women honored in this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment