Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Air Force Acquisition

Later this year I will be taking off for Robins, AFB to take on my first assignment. I have the opportunity to move to a new state (Warner Robins, Georgia) and learn my new career field. Many people aren't very familiar with what exactly an Acquisition's Officer does in the Air Force. As soon as I received notification that I was going to be an Acquisition's Officer I started my research to find out what an Acquisition's Officer actually does. I was amazed at the various things that I will be learning and taking on as a newly commissioned 2nd Lieutenant. I found out my first assignment back in late November. I was happy to learn that there are a lot of civilian careers in acquisitions and that it will really help me transition at a later date to the civilian workforce. I have been dedicating my time to make sure I am on track to graduate and commission. These next few months are going to fly by and before I know it I will be there. I am extremely excited and opportunistic for what is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment