Monday, February 20, 2017

UF Women's Basketball #SaluteToThoseWhoServe

Photo Galleries

As a University, UF does a great job of recognizing those who serve. They understand the sacrifice and commitment that men and women give on a day to day basis. Last week I had the opportunity to participate in #SaluteToThoseWhoServe. During the UF Women's Basketball game I held the flag for the national anthem prior to the start of the game. At halftime AFROTC took on NROTC in a 5 on 5 basketball scrimmage. I really enjoyed the opportunity to show my competiveness in the new O'Connell center and block a few shots. The UF Women's basketball team played an excellent game against Arkansas.

I am really honored to go to a school where they have so much respect for those serving and those who will serve. Earlier this year the UF Football team did something similar that really stood out to me. The fact that multiple sports are showing respect for those defending our freedom is amazing. I really respect all the athletes and staff that put events like this on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment